Being in business is perplexing at the best of times and knowing where to go for advice can be challenging and sometimes expensive. However, are you aware of the wealth of free information that is out there?
From websites, to Youtube to free webinars and networking contacts, there is so much that can be gleaned without spending money.
Take a look at this example of free resources;
- Tax and NI information – www.hmrc.gov.uk
- Thousands of guides on all aspects of business www.businesslink.gov.uk
- Donuts – Marketing/Law/Tax/IT www.lawdonut.co.uk / www.marketingdonut.co.uk /www.itdonut.co.uk/www.taxdonut.co.uk
- Local Chambers www.gmchamber.co.uk and St Helens www.sthelenschamber.com
- Wigan Expo – October 2012
- Free Webinars – being active on Linked In and following your industry experts ensures you will be notified of any webinars that are taking place
- Publications from the Government http://bis.ecgroup.net/BestSeller.aspx
As well as free resources you can do exchanges with people that you meet through networking groups. If you come across someone who would like to use your services and you need theirs, an exchange is a good way of helping cash flow.
Also don’t underestimate the power of networking. It is easy to assume that the people in the room may not have any synergy with your business, but you never know where a chance comment or quick conversation will lead, or even who they know who may be able to help you.
If you are based in the Northwest of England and would like to know more about what resources are available to you or possible networking opportunities please contact me – Joanne Hawkins on 07928 228764